Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wacken Open Air 2010 - Day cinco - 2010-08-07

08h36: Yesterday was an eternal journey thru hell. It was ridiculously hot and shadow was very hard to find. Add to that fighting hangovers with red bull and vodka and you have a tough mission. While slowly burning to a rotten corpse in the sun, I heard a few bands. Worst of them was a bunch of israeli jews who has scarred me for life. I have decided to forget their name. Arch Enemy was great and even greater when the fucking sun went away around 21h00. I skipped Slayer because the rest of the festival didn't and saw norwegian black metal monsters 1349 instead. Not bad at all for a bunch of painted fjellmonkeys. Shortly after that I passed out in my tent, only waking 10 times this nite for various reasons. The sun is on it's way and I'm enjoying the last few minutes of morning shadow behind a tent. 24c sun today is the forecast and I expect to be dead quite soon. Hopefully I will be able to hear Immortal tonite from within my coffin.
13h07: time has stopped. Even in the shadow the temperature is deadly. I feel like a boiling egg. To fetch cold water to pour on your face you have to walk 500 meters thru the valley of death by sunshine. Somebody kill me.
16h09: a few clouds, think I may survive after all. So far I drunk a hell of a lot of water all day long think it must be time to switch to different matters soon. Today's plan: W.A.S.P., Cannibal Corpse, Immortal. Let's see how well it works out. Bus leaves for the 8 hour ride home at 10:30 in the morning.

Full size photo (Immortal)

No comments:

Post a Comment