Friday, August 6, 2010

Wacken Open Air 2010 - Day IV - 2010-08-06

07h53: Somehow I've managed to take a hot bath today. I know it ain't particular hardcore metal to actually wash, but I took a chance and it didn't kill me. Had to dry with a tshirt though since towels are not invented yet in Germany. Yesterday we got stupidly drunk, but I saw Alice Cooper which was too low in volume and his voice was shite, but still we had a good time singing along and he had the full show with him including the hanging and the beheading. Mötley Crüe was surprisingly good. Great sound and a good sound level. Vince Neal sounds like a castrated smurf on helium, but hasn't he always? Iron Maiden played for a massive crowd and they mainly played songs from the last few records (brave new world and forward). It wasn't particularly great. They are of course insanely skilled musicians and Bruce is an unbelievable power freak both vocally and as a white tornado on stage. But in all honesty the few old tracks they played worked a lot better than the new ones. Think I will try to gear down a bit today. I don't feel like the freshest fruit in the basket any longer even if I did get a few hours sleep in the all-nite scream and shout madness.

Full size photo (1349)

No comments:

Post a Comment